After my. Favourite city team of all time I have decided to put together my worst city team of my time watching City. These players may not have been the worst but some came with reputations that they never lived up to!
1) Robert Zabica- his one game in goals ended up with with us getting thrashed in what was a top of the table clash against Sunderland. it also nearly resulted in me getting sacked from my part time job as I rang in sick to catch the game!
2) Gary Locke- just for you Suggie, utter dross, really was dire. Enough said
3) Richard Edgehlll- woeful with his right foot so why he ever played on the left I don’t know!
4) Gordon Cowens- great player in his day but not for us, just beats Mike Duxbury into my team for his inept performances during our first season back in league one
5) Craig Lawford- anybody who has ever watched city will remember that this guy was no Dean Richards, I would list his bad points but to be honest there isn’t enough time
6)Jason Gavin need I say more he was pure garbage- how he played Premiership football Is beyond me
7) Gareth Evens- not bought as a winger but spent a lot of time not delivering crosses from the right wing. I really don’t understand how he was ever on the books of Manchester United
8) Paul McLaren - came on the back of making the most assists in the division above and after featuring in the league team of the year. Was pretty poor when it came down to it. Seamed to believe his own hype.
9) Michael McHugh- just pure shocking!!!!
10) Frank Stapleton- why frank oh why did you put a stain on a great career by trying to do the player manager role.
11) this position I’ve struggled with but I think I will have to go with little Kyle Nix, for those who slag Will Atkinson off this season must have short memories as ‘Nixy’ was truly awful.
Those who were considered
Every player John Dochety signed other than Phil Babb
Robert Steiner (after his loan)
And the wrong Rodriguez!
Please feel free to comment and add your own idea’s on your worst ever team!